“Sorry I’m late Miss Carson”
apologized Sharvona.
“Do you have a note?”
“Yes Miss shall I bring it to
you?”
“Yes thank you”
Miss Carson read the note and then
nodded. Sharvona sat down in her chair and began pulling her books out.
“What happened Sharvy?”
“Wait till lunch then I’ll tell
you”.
“Today girls we will be spending
most of the lesson going in the ICT suite. I need you to get on with your
presentations. Please leave the classroom quietly as there are other lessons
taking place”.
Sharvona
waited for Megan outside the door.
“What are you doing your
presentation on?”
“Well I haven’t quite decided
yet, I mean it’s such an open topic. Will you be doing yours on ballet?”
“Yes, I need to ask Miss if I can
do my presentation in the hall”.
The ICT room was large and
modern. The computer screens had just been cleaned and several girls were using
the monitors as mirrors. Sharvona and
Megan sat down at a computer each. Most of the class had already logged on.
Sharvona opened up her PowerPoint; she flicked through the screen and then
turned to Megan.
“What do you think?”
“Looks good, but maybe you need
more pictures. I know why don’t you get photos of your ballet class?”
“Great idea! In fact I’ve got
some with me now. I just need to plug in my SD card reader”.
Sharvona dug into her bag and
pulled out her SD reader, she plugged it into the USB port and waited for it to
load.
“Wow, is that you in that tutu?”
breathed Megan.
Sharvona laughed, “that was just
a photo shoot, I was helping to model for the magazine”.
“I’m guessing that the next one
is of you doing your barre exercises?”
“You got that right. I think I’ll
have 4 of these pictures in the presentation. My one is going to be quite short
because I’m doing a dance demonstration afterwards”.
Sharvona noticed that Megan was
staring blankly at her empty PowerPoint slide.
“Haven’t you decided what to do
yet?”
“No” sighed Megan “I don’t really
know what to do”
“You could do, ‘how to be the
best friend in the world’”, suggested Sharvona.
Megan laughed and gave Sharvona a
friendly punch on the arm. “Thanks but I need to think of something for a
presentation”.
“Well what do you like doing?”
“Let’s see: hanging out with you, football, swimming,
drama, basketball”
“So you could do a presentation
on football then, you’re the team captain in any case”
“Yeah, and I can put the photos
from the tournament on the PowerPoint, thanks Sharvy”.
For 15 minutes the only sound to
be heard was the clicking of computer mouse’s and the tapping of keyboard keys.
“Right girls it’s 5 to, everyone
save your work log off and stand quietly behind your chairs. Can you all make
sure you have your work completed for next lesson and save it either on a USB
stick or on the school community folder? Please don’t save it your area because
it wastes time”.
An eruption of chatter issued as
the girls began saving their work and logging off their computers.
“Megan, are you going to football
practise today?”
“Yeah, why don’t you come you’ll
like it”
“But I’m not on the team”
“Doesn’t matter, just come with
me and I’ll get you in”
“Megan, will you please stand quietly.
Is there not one day where you are quiet!” snapped Miss Carson.
“I’ll buy some selotape for her
mouth Miss”, joked Sharvona.
Miss Carson smiled, “thanks
Sharvona”.
10 minutes later Megan and
Sharvona were racing towards the canteen area. Although it was only ten minutes
into lunch the canteen was teeming with life.
“We’d better get a packed lunch”,
advised Megan as they queued up.
“Yeah, because we don’t want to
be too full”, agreed Sharvona
No comments:
Post a Comment