Sunday, 22 September 2024

Chapter 4

"Dear Savanna" , the letter read . "I know all about you so don't think you can hide anything. You don't have to know who I am or where I am. Just know that we will be watching your every move. Got this? Well in that case there's something I would like you to do. A little job you might say ; plenty of perks in it for you. All you have to do is get the code to the managers safe. Hardly difficult , is it. Don't show this letter to anyone. Goodbye."
Sharvona was stunned was somebody trying to blackmail her mum. Who could it be it wasn't as if her mother had hundreds of enemies.
The door downstairs opened, Sharvona hastily crammed the letter into the envelope and slipped unnoticed into her room. She listened to the sound of the news being turned on and heard the fridge door opening. Then there were footsteps up the stairs along the corridor and outside her room. The door knocked.
"Come in"
Her mum walked in and sat on the edge of Sharvona's bed. Sharvona noticed that she wore a worried frown and seemed concerned. She moved closer.
"Is anything wrong mum?"
"No sweetie , I'm just a little tired.  Shall I put on that lasange for you now , your dad will be in soon".
Sharvona nodded, her mother left the room and Sharvona re-read the letter. 
She knew that something was very wrong, her mother had hidden the letter and was obviously in trouble. What could she do to help her? 

No comments:

Post a Comment